Join Our Team
Are you interested in a career at Forest Park Insurance? We'd love to hear from you! We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team of insurance experts.
No Available Openings
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative/ Licensed Service Agent Job Description
Position Title: Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Kenny & Lyndsie Zener
Assists in the production of new accounts and the retention of existing accounts. Provides prompt, efficient, high-quality service to designated accounts in support of Producer activities.
B. POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for gathering the information and risk management recommendations for the renewal of designated accounts sixty days prior to renewal and for delivering renewals and/or binders for designated accounts, as needed, within five days of receipt.
- Handles all agency claims including simple commercial lines claims filings to the companies.
- Performs special projects at the request of designated clients after being approved by manager. Binders and/or policy or endorsement requests are to be completed within three days of date quoted to client.
- Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with customers, agency and company personnel to minimize potential for errors & omissions claims.
- After reviewing updated client exposure survey information, obtains other renewal information from insured, and completes applications for designated renewal business sixty days before renewal date. Assists Producer(s) as needed.
- Reviews renewals to determine if non-standard policies can be rewritten in a standard program. Prepares rewrite applications for business through companies no longer represented at least 30 days prior to renewal. Secures and submits required renewal underwriting information.
- Receives phone calls and office visitors requesting quotes, changes to existing coverage and/or new policies. Completes changes/requests within 24 hours of receipt. Determines acceptability and placement, completes applications or endorsements, and collects premium when applicable.
- Reviews existing accounts to determine if additional lines of insurance should be solicited and does so by mail and/or phone prior to renewal.
- Receives and reviews all terminations and cancellations to determine action to be taken, and takes needed action within 72 hours of receipt.
- Handles premium collection through form letters and requests cancellation of policies when necessary.
- Follows up on outstanding claims and provides assistance in their resolution, as necessary.
- Solicits expiration dates for policies not written by agency. Expectations are an average of one expiration date per client serviced.
- Actively solicits increases in limits and/or coverages or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contact.
- Actively seeks referrals from current client base to solicit for new business prospects; follows up to generate new business using prospect database and automation system. Expectation is five referrals per week.
- Documents all material conversations with insureds and/or carriers regarding exposures and coverages.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others. Should have demonstrated effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communications. Must be willing to travel as required.
D. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Must have all licenses as required by the State Department of Insurance to discuss and/or sell insurance in states where the agency functions. Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel.
E. WORKING CONDITIONS
Fast-paced multi-tasking environment. Ability to be a part of a progressive team is vital.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the job.
- Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the agency’s essential functions.
- This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to unilateral change and revision by management.
- Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description.
- All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged employees.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Lyndsie [at] forestparkins [dot] com.